"Look at the birds. They don’t plant or harvest or store food in barns, for your heavenly Father feeds them. And aren’t you far more valuable to him than they are?"
This month we are exposing and coming against rejection and orphan spirits. I do not know your story, but know this: YOU ARE NOT ALONE if you have ever felt the pain caused by rejection. We ALL have experienced rejection, usually during childhood. And from my research, EVEN before child birth. Talk about DEEP! CHILE, part of my own story is being kicked out of homes several times throughout my teenage and young adult years. REJECTED, FORSAKENED AND ABANDONED. So I am right in the boat WITH you to receive the healing and restoration from a pain that is NOT beyond God's repair. The trauma FROM this stronghold tends to have a lasting stench, whether overt or covert, but we have the power to uproot and be set free from it.
And if you are one of my believers in business, bloggers, influencers, or content creators, it is important to never internalize rejection. Like I always say, just because a product doesn’t sell, or a brand chooses not to work with you, does not make YOU a failure.
My hope is that I can encourage you to vigilantly guard and ARMOR yourself from the stings of rejection. Because there is a difference between being rejected and staying a victim of rejection. You see, the need for love and acceptance is normal, but understand that you need to draw LIVING WATERS from God's well. He ALONE can satisfied, because us HUMANS can be real ghetto and unfortunately, will ALWAYS fail you. Pastor Mark Driscoll says “Only God can meet your relational needs”.
We have to identify where rejection may have a foothold, meaning where / how it is operating, so that we can uproot it. You must uproot:
- Never “feeing” good enough
- Deceived into feeling rejected even when you are not rejected
- Responding to names you are not
- A constant need for external validation
- Attempt to control outcomes
- Being overly sensitive
- Workaholic-ness or over performing to mask insecurity and low self esteem
- Accepting toxic behavior from others because you rather have them around than to be alone
- Preemptively pushing people away before you fear they will first reject you
- Being easily offended
- Rob you of the courage of developing relational vulnerability
- Fear to committing even self sabotage by under performing. It’s easier to quit and lack endurance, because you can then expect the judgment from others. You can prepare for a judgement you consciously or subconsciously create.
Child of God, you may have been abandoned by folks who should have seen your precious value. I know that pain. Jesus came to set the captives free. Rejection may be an event but it does not need to be your identity, banner and reasons why you respond / act from that place. I talk AG NAUSEAM about our identity in Christ because I pray you “grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ”-Ephesians 3:18. So much of how we do life WITH CHRIST is predicated on this TRUTH.
I invite you on the journey of:
discovering where rejection may have a foothold in your life
Uprooting the symptoms and remnants of rejections
replacing the lies of rejection. I invite you into
REFUSING to wear a crown called victim.
You crown is VICTORY. You may have been forsaken but I pray through the power and revelation from Holy Spirit that you know within the depths of your soul that:
You are UNCONDITIONALLY loved
You are adopted
You are chosen.
I pray that God's mercy, truth, and love comfort you in Jesus Name.